Kenya has become an important destination for high quality used Japanese cars. We are one of the largest used Japanese car exporter to Kenya. The country is one of the biggest import destination for used Japanese cars. We provide important information to our customers on how to import used Japanese cars into Kenya. You need to follow these import regulations to import any used Japanese car to Kenya. Please read the following information carefully to import a used Japanese car. If you need any clarification on the issues, please contact us via email or give us a call at +81-90-9963-3296.
How To Import Used Japanese Cars Into Kenya?
- Age limitation:- The used Japanese vehicle you plan to import from Japan should not be older than 8 years from its year of manufacturing
- You can not import left-hand steering wheel vehicles unless you get special permission from the Government of Kenya. These vehicles could include an ambulance or a special utility vehicle etc.
- The importers of used Japanese cars have to submit a Road Worthiness Certificate to the Kenyan government. The certificate proves that the vehicle is good to run on Kenyan roads. We can not ship any car to Kenya unless we get the certificate. In case of Japan, Japan Export Vehicles Inspection Center Company Limited issues this certificate. We will get the roadworthiness certificate for you once you decide to import any used Japanese vehicle through us
- KRA, the Kenyan Customs Authority, will issue you, the importer of a used Japanese vehicle, an Import Declaration Form (IDF) within 48 hours of the submwill haveission of the necessary documents for the car you imported. You or your agent need to clear the imported vehicle at Mombasa Port.will have
- At the time of the submission of the documents to the concerned authority, you have to submit a proforma invoice prepared by us. We will include your PIN No. in the proforma invoice.
- The processing fee for the above-mentioned Import Declaration Form is 2.75% of the proforma invoice sent. The minimum charges for the fee could be Kshs5,000
Import Duties In Kenya
- Import duty is 25% of CIF value of the car you import
- Excise Duty is 20% of (CIF + Import duty value)
- VAT is 16% of (CIF + import duty value + Excise Duty value)
- In total, you will have to pay 74% of the CIF price mentioned in the proforma invoice. The total amount of the import duties does not depend on the engine size of a vehicle
Popular Japanese Car Models In Kenya
- Toyota Vitz
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Alion
- Toyota Landcruiser Prado
- Toyota Corolla Fielder
- Toyota Corolla Axio
- Toyota Probox
- Toyota Passo
- Subaru Impreza
- Toyota Mark X
- Toyota SAI
- Toyota Premio
We plan to update the information on how to import used Japanese cars into Kenya soon. Please let us know any concerns you may have.